Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I am cold!

I am on a long layover in Atlanta right now. What started out as a day of excitement for what I might possibly do today, ended up as a big disappointment as my crew-members one by one dropped out from doing anything with me, due to the cold weather. I can't say that I blame them. I miss Florida so! I have come to realize that I never want to live in a cold environment ever again! It's one thing to visit - but to live? I am happy that I live in a warm State, and I feel that I must not ever take it for granted. This trip has reminded me of this. Unfortunately, I will be having several more of these reminders in the future, being that many of my upcoming layovers take place in cold cities.

I finished reading the book, "Persuasion" by Jane Austen. I am wondering now if my subconscious choose this book for a reason. The book that was meant to be my "escape into other people's stories and lives" ended up putting me right back in the middle of my own. And perhaps, not coincidentally, mirrored many of my own feelings at the present time. Feelings and fears.

I think perhaps a red flag should have come up when I started reading this book and the particular subject manner. It was like being bitten by a mosquito and then watching someone next to me scratching their bite. Meanwhile, lecturing myself: "Don't scratch it!" And looking over enviously and angrily at the soul who is free to scratch whenever they please. That Jane Austen!! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home