Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I Wanna Get Up in Your Grill

When I was driving down to Florida from Michigan I was hit on for the first time while driving. I was in Georgia almost to my destination of meeting my boyfriend in Atlanta when a hillbilly in a pickup truck beside me was signaling to me to roll down my window. I was busy listening to Alan Jackson (very Georgia appropriate, I know) and didn't roll down my window because I wouldn't be able to hear the music. So I just kept glancing over trying to figure out what his deal was. Then he held up a piece of paper with writing on it. I read it and it said, "You are sexy!!" I was like, "I can't believe this! Why would anyone ever hit on someone when they are driving? How sad!" I called my boyfriend and told him, then the hillbilly backed off, probably thinking I might be calling the cops or something. '

Since I moved down to Fort Lauderdale, I get hit on while driving on average 3 times a day. It is so routine now that I am used to it. But I still think it to be the strangest thing in the world. Who are these people that think that when I am off driving I am out looking to get a date?!

Well, I've discussed this with my boss, whom is a woman my age, and we have concluded that I am "no longer in Kansas". Let's just say there is a very different crowd down here in Florida.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home