Sunday, August 19, 2007

New York City and Paris

I’ve spent the day dreaming of Paris. It’s strange how every 3 yrs it calls to me, and then I have to return. It’s been 3 years now, and it has been on my mind as of late. I’m starting to get to know the City of New York. I do enjoy the City more now, thanks to Stefano. But, a long time ago someone told me that: “Oh Sara you would love New York City because it’s so much like Paris” I can’t really say that NYC is Paris. I am sorry but it’s like comparing oranges and apples. (Paris is an orange in this scenario – my favorite food.)

I loved Paris from the first moment I arose from the Metro and stepped out onto the streets. My eyes felt like they wanted to eat up every moment, every vision, and capture it in my heart forever. I felt an overwhelming sensation of “heaven on earth”. And that’s how I always feel in Paris. Paris is and always will be my true love.

As Stefano told me in NYC, “New York takes a while to warm up to. But then once you do, you will fall in love with the City.” I have to admit, I feel a tinge of excitement for my future love. (Am I talking about NYC, or Stefano? Perhaps it applies to both, but initially I was talking about NYC.)

Back to Paris…soon I will be able to travel to Paris very affordably and whenever I wish, because soon I will be switching to a major airline. I can’t wait for my new adventures abroad. I can’t wait for my return to my Home across the Atlantic…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home