Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Battle of the Heart vs. the Head

I was just talking to a good friend of mine on the phone about my frustrations with my heart and my head always fighting with each other. They just never seem to be on the same page. Mainly I was referring to this in regards to my inability to move on from my last relationship.

My heart seems to be hanging on with grips of steel while my mind is like, "What the heck are you doing?!" Then my heart softens and thinks happy thoughts and then my mind lashes out, "That was in the past, move on to the present!"

But even at the end of my phone conversation with my friend, he ends it with: "Keep hope alive" (not really meaning keep hope alive for you know who) and once again my heart is right back in it again, going for the long haul. Holding steadfest onto the mast of my yacht in the midst of a hurricane in the Bermuda Triangle...let's just hope I don't end up like Chuck Muer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home