Sunday, February 11, 2007

Whole Foods Whole Paycheck

So I've been frequenting Whole Foods a lot more lately. I've also been frequenting Sam's Club. I think some of it might be liking these places, but a larger portion, me thinks, might be the memory and connectedness of going to these places back home with my Sis Te Rs.

I like that Whole Foods has a lot of community activities that they host. They have regular wine tasting events, cooking classses, massage days, poetry nights, music nights, how to shop at Whole Foods on a budget (yes, let me show you our gum section). And I love that both of these places offer free samples so I get to taste all sorts of new product. Like the other day I had yogurt made with Water Buffalo Milk. It's higher in calcium and supposedly better for you. It wasn't bad.

In Sam's Club I stood behind a lady who threw a fit because they had just ran out of the free sample of South Beach Diet Chicken Fajitas. She was literally crying, "It's just not fair! It's just not fair!" I had no idea that there was someone out there who could be more excited about trying free samples than my Sisters could be.

Although I do love both of these places I still haven't found anything to replace my favorite place to grocery shop in Ann Arbor.


1 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger R said...

I was at The Produce Station the other day and thought of you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home