Saturday, March 24, 2007

Life

Life has a funny way of taking a person down one path and then five seconds later leading you in the complete opposite direction from where you originally set out to go. No matter how intent I am upon going in one direction, it seems that my mood or the landscape can change as quickly as a heartbeat and before I know it I'm headed in the opposite direction. What starts out as a painting of a beautiful Monet landscape somehow ends up becoming a snowboard, or a bonfire in the woods on an autumn evening.

"I thank God for unanswered prayers," this Garth Brooks line keeps popping up in my head lately. Trying to convince myself that it should make me feel better has not been easy for me. Trying to convince myself that this new path is better for me, also, has not been easy for me as of late.

And I know that change is not easy, but it's more than that. It's that you have set in your mind where you are supposed to be going and then somehow along the way there's a diversion. And somehow you are supposed to just forget about your original destination? What would have happened in my life if I'd never met Paris? I cannot even imagine such a tragedy. Some might think I am being dramatic, but for those of you who know me, you will know that I am just being honest.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

“If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a movable feast.” Ernest Hemmingway

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love
that has been given to you....
May you be content knowing you are a child of God...
Let His presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the
freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every
one of us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home